Education and Resources
We provide educational materials and resources that are specifically designed to meet the needs of new consultants, covering a range of topics from career options, appraisals, business development, management and more.
Our online CPD sessions run regularly throughout the Spring and Summer months. You will receive a faculty CPD certificate once you have returned your complete feedback form. The sessions will be recorded and will be posted on our resources page. We plan to hold specific new consultant educational offerings at Faculty conferences and events.
You don’t know what you don’t know – Supervising SEM Trainees
Date: 29th November 2023
- Dr Kate Strachan
- Dr Matteo Bernardotto
- Dr Duncan Goodall
Work/Life balance in the world of SEM
Date: 27th June 2023
- Dr Anita Biswas
- Dr David Pugh
- Dr Dane Vishnubala
Date: 7th June 2022
A discussion on Setting Up Services. Dr Graeme Wilkes
Date: 23rd Feb 2022
Expert Financial Advice for doctors. Mr Richard Norbury and Dr Ed Cantelo
Paediatric sports medicine
Date: 8th June 2021
- Growth and Puberty. Prof Paul Dimitri
- Safeguarding & Safeguarding in Sport. Dr Anna Ramsbottom & Mr Kevin Murphy
- Paediatric MSK within an NHS setting. Dr Kate Strachan
Marketing your Practice
Date: 20th April 2021
Dr Catherine Spencer-Smith
Insights into Private Practice
Date: 2nd March 2021
- Setting up Private Practice-Perks and Pitfalls. Dr John Rogers
- Private Practice-setting the best out of the jungle. Dr Thamindu Wedatilake
Appraisal and Private Practice
Date: 2nd March 2021
- SEM Consultant appraisal from the appraiser’s point of view. Dr Harriet Collins
- SEM Consultant appraisal from the responsible officer’s point of view. Dr David Pugh
New Consultant Peals
Date: 1st December 2020
- Lessons learnt and challenges setting up an NHS exercise medicine service. Dr Natasha Jones.
- MSK commissioning Guidance. Dr Michael Rossiter
- Governance considerations when working in Elite sport. Dr Rod Jacques.
FSEM Members can access the video archive to re-watch these webinars.
Group members can access all previous Out of the Blocks webinars by requesting the link via our secure WhatsApp group
Below you’ll find a list of useful links and resources organised by category. Click the headings to view.
Please note that links lead to external web pages and FSEM takes no responsibility for the content or views expressed on linked sites.
thekneedoc.co.uk – Specialist Knee Surgeon in Manchester | Professor Sanjiv Jari
SEM academy (free access to BASEM members)
Also remember to subscribe to the Faculty’s MSK Medicine podcast, hosted by Dr Giles Hazan and covering all the trending topics in MSK care
Msk room (paywall)
American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine webinar series e.g. sport ultrasound of the forefoot