Undergraduate SEM Societies
The Undergraduate Sports and Exercise Medicine Society (USEMS) is a non-profit group working to promote the specialty of Sport and Exercise Medicine (SEM) to all interested undergraduate medical students.
What USEMS can do for medical undergraduates interested in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Centralise all relevant and important SEM information, allowing students the opportunity to become active within the field without having to wait until their postgraduate studies.
- We know there’s a lack of SEM education in the undergraduate medical curriculum, so we’ll aim to provide resources over a variety of mediums and formats.
- Detail careers and support the FSEM training pathway and curriculum.
- Use our contact base to offer shadowing experience in SEM.
- Organise annual one-day courses.
- Involve students with SEM blogging, research, audits, athlete screening programmes and public health initiatives.
- Maintain strong links with the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine UK (FSEM), the British Association of Sport & Exercise Medicine (BASEM) and the British Journal of Sports Medicine (BJSM)
- Provide a platform for students across the UK to network with each other and SEM professionals.
- Liaise with companies and conference organisers to gain larger discount admission for students at SEM events.
The USEMS Community
USEMS acts as an overarching undergraduate society across the UK, unifying undergraduate SEM societies. It helps new undergraduate societies set up locally, promote regional undergraduate SEM societies and their events and it acts as an educations resource holding an annual undergraduate SEM conference.
Find your nearest SEM Undergraduate society by reaching out to your local University.
Undergraduate societies can also keep up to date with news and post SEM news and events on the FSEM Facebook page
USEMS / FSEM Essay Contest
The Faculty and USEMS hold an annual essay contest for undergraduates and recent SEM graduates.
USEMS Mailing List
Sign up for the USEMS mailing list to receive regular updates on events and opportunities relevant to SEM undergraduates.
Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Request to join USEMS mailing list’.
Read the full USEMS Opt-in mailing list policy.