MFSEM Part 1
Applications Open: TBC
Applications Close: TBC
Exam Sitting: September 2024 (Exact Date TBC)
The Membership in Sport and Exercise Medicine Part 1 is a four-hour multiple-choice question (MCQ) exam. It consists of two papers which are taken on the same day. Each paper comprises of 120 questions and requires the single best answer (SBA) from four possible answers.
The marks for both papers are combined to give a total mark for Part 1.
Exam Fee: £715
Candidates must hold a medical qualification that is acceptable to the UK General Medical Council for Full or Provisional Registration or to the Medical Council in Ireland for Full or Temporary Registration.
Candidates should also fulfil one of the following requirements:
- Be a current trainee in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Have a minimum of two years’ clinical practice or postgraduate training after obtaining full Registration and must have competence in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and pre-hospital care
It is strongly advised that candidates also have the following:
- An active role in Sport and Exercise Medicine
- Experience in pitch side emergency care
- Exposure to the management of musculoskeletal conditions
- Experience of the use and benefits of exercise medicine
Candidates have six attempts in which to pass their Membership in Sport and Exercise Medicine Part 1 exam.