Wales Exercise Medicine Symposium
Building on the huge success of the first conference in Cardiff in 2013 – the Wales Exercise Medicine Symposium conference this year will be held in Swansea on the 19th September 2014.
The symposium will display the exciting & controversial work going on in the UK & Europe in the Exercise Medicine field, welcoming Dr Ruth Hussey the CMO for NHS Wales,Prof Flemming Dela and Dr Mats Borjesson from Denmark and Sweden, resepectively. The day will both educate and insipre clinicians, scientists, researchers, and students about the latest developments in Exercise Medicine. The hope is that it will drive colloboration within the field to facilitate research, improve clinical practice and effect policy in this area.
The programme will include:
- Keynote Lecture from the Chief Medical Officer for NHS Wales
- Keynote Lecture from Prof. Flemming Dela – “Physical Training in the Prevention and Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes”
- Keynote Lecture from Dr Mats Borjesson – “How we can Implement Physical Activity into Health Care Systems”
- Workshops on “Advances in Physical Activity Measurement (IT in Exercise Medicine)”, “Exercise Prescription” and “Motivational Interviewing”.
- The Launch of the Welsh Physical Activity Report Card
- Lessons in Physical Activity from Scotland
- Updates on Current Research & the Latest Developments in the Exercise Medicine field
- How we can get our kids active!
- The Ethics of Making us Move
- The role of Physical Activity in Cardiac Rehabilitation and Cancer.