New Version of HEAT for Walking and Cycling
The 2014 update of HEAT (Health Economic Assessment Tool) has been launched. Keeping the tool updated with the latest scientific evidence, the main new features and changes include:
- updated relative risk functions for walking and cycling;
- new Values of Statistical Life (VSL) with averages and country-specific values (based on a methodology developed by the OECD);
- updated and more detailed mortality rates for European countries;
- new section of frequently asked questions (FAQ); and
- several bug fixes.
For details on the updated risk functions and new VSL values, please consult:
- the updated Methodology and User Guide;
- the available Hints&Tips; and
- the Report of the Expert Consensus Workshop from 1-2 October 2013.
Please note: The previous 2011 version of HEAT is no longer available. If you need access to assessments saved with the 2011 version, please contact email@example.com.