2018 ACCEA Clinical Excellence Awards Round
The ACCEA awards round for 2018 will open on Tuesday 13 February.
Sport and Exercise Medicine Consultants who are in a position for advancement of an award, or wish to apply for a new award, or are due to have their reward reviewed and would like to be considered for Faculty support in next year’s award round should prepare their application now, download an application form here 2018 ACCEA Clinical Excellence Awards Application Form
Full details of the ACCEA application process can be found on the ACCEA website and applications must be submitted to ACCEA by 5pm on Thursday 12 April.
What the Faculty of Sport & Exercise Medicine needs from you:-
- Please let us know now if you are thinking about applying this year
- The Faculty is happy to give advice to potential applicants before they submit their application – Professor Angus Wallace is Chair of the ACCEA Awards Committee and can be contacted at Angus.Wallace@RCSEd.ac.uk or on 07836699600 for advice.
- It is unlikely that a consultant will be considered for advancement of an award within 4-5 years of their most recent award or appointment as a Consultant
- The Faculty’s involvement is welcomed by ACCEA since it is in a position to highlight excellence at a national or international level
- The Faculty cannot transform a submission that does not score strongly across all five domains and is unlikely to overcome lack of support from the employing authority
- The closing date for submissions to the Faculty is Friday 23 March 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted.The appropriate forms and guidance for applicants can be found at www.gov.uk/accea
Professor W Angus Wallace FRCS(Ed) FRCSEd(Orth) FRCS(Eng) FHKCOS(Hon) FFSEM UK(Hon), Chair of the ACCEA Awards Committee