Appraisal & Revalidation
The Faculty provide an appraisal process that is compliant with the requirements of the GMC's Good medical practice framework for appraisal and revalidation.
Before applying for a FSEM appraisal you should check with your Responsible Officer (RO) whether a Faculty appraisal would be accepted for the purpose of revalidation. This decision lies entirely with your RO and you must comply with their decision.
Doctors who have a Faculty appraisal that do not have a prescribed connection may apply to the Faculty for the service of the Faculty's Suitable Person (SP).
For further information please contact the Faculty adminstrator by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 527 1612.
- Checklist of Essential Supporting Information for Annual FSEM Appraisal
- FSEM Appraisal Process Guidance Notes
- CPD Guidance Notes for Appraisal
- Multi Source Feedback (MSF) Assessment Form
- Patient Feedback Survey
- Untoward Incident Record Form
- Online appraisal systems
Taking Revalidation Forward - Sir Keith Pearson's review of medical revalidation